KIRKLAND, Washington (May 5, 2016) - Northwest Multiple Listing Service reported strong gains in the volume of new listings its m... Read More
Real Estate Photography
The latest statistics from the National Association of REALTORS (NAR) show that 90% of home buyers turn to the internet when they decide to buy their dream home and that's why it's more important than ever to showcase your home in a way that it will stand out from the competition. The days of using a basic digital camera and smart phones are over - actually they should of never been used in the first place.
A recent study by Redfin showed the following when it came to professional qualify DSLR real estate photos:
- Homes with listing photos taken with DSLR cameras sell for more money than those with amateur photos. For homes priced between $400,000 and $499,999, professionally photographed homes sold for an average of $11,200 more than homes with amateur photos. Professionally photographed homes priced between $200,000 and $1 million sell for $3,400 to $11,200 more relative to their list prices.
- Homes with DSLR photos sell faster. For homes priced in the $400,000 range, professionally photographed homes sold 21 days faster than those with point-and-shoot photos, while those priced higher than $1 million sold four days faster.
- Homes with sharper photos sell for more money. Homes with the sharpest 10% of listing photos sold at or above their list price 44% of the time compared to 13% for homes with listing photos of average sharpness.
- Professionally photographed homes are more likely to sell within six months. The largest disparity was seen among homes priced from $400,000 and $499,999, with those with DSLR photography selling 64% of the time, compared to 46% for homes with amateur photos.
Overexposed, underexposed, poor lightening, time of day, too much and too little flash, using the auto photo setting and more are just a few reasons for poor quality real estate marketing photos and we've seen them all. First impressions can mean the difference between a sold sign or expired listing. Don't settle! Your home is likely the largest investment you will make and when you decide to sell you need to work with REALTORS that understand trends and technology and can change with the times.
At Pacific Northwest Realty Group we understand marketing and we understand the importance of high quality marketing photos that will get your home the attention it deserves. We invested some of the best and latest technology and are always learning more and staying current with the latest trends. Something that might seem as simple as a photo can mean the difference between thousands in your pocket.
Real Estate Photography Tips for Sellers
While it's important to hire a REALTOR that will do a great job in marketing your home it's just as important for the homeowner to have their home in show ready condition the day we come to take photos. Here are a few tips for preparing your home for the big day:
- Mow the lawn, trim bushes and rake the leaves
- Remove all the vehicles from the driveway
- Put away garbage cans, hoses and garden tools
- Check your interior and exterior light bulbs and replace if necessary
- Remove "cute" yard decorations
- Plant flowers and freshen the flower beds
- Make the beds
- Clean off all counters throughout the home
- Put away all counter top appliances in the kitchen
- Put away interior trash cans
- Hide personal photos and remove magnets, etc from the refrigerator
- If you have a pool make sure it's clean and the cover is off
- Put away laundry and dirty clothes
Latest From Our Blog...
KIRKLAND, Washington (April 4, 2016) - Traffic isnt the only thing that is gridlocked around many Puget Sound communities. Were e... Read More
KIRKLAND, Washington (March 7, 2016) - Home prices in King County hit new highs in February as buyers tried to outbid each other ... Read More
Beautiful 3 Bedroom, 5 Acre Country Home with Large Deck to enjoy the Awesome Territorial View. 3 Bdrms Upstairs, possibly 2 additional bdrms dwnstrs, Large Family Room Dwnstrs, Unfinished Bath Dwnstrs-Roughed In Ready to Finish. Detache...