Listing activity perked up during June, but strong job growth in the Seattle/King County region has brokers predicting brisk sales with competitive bidding throughout the summer.
Figures just released by Northwest Multiple Listing Service for June activity show gains from a year ago on several key indicators, including inventory, pending sales, closed sales, and prices:
- Brokers added 735 more new listings during June than during the same month a year ago, an increase of 6.8 percent;
- Inventory (total active listings) rose 7.5 percent compared to twelve months ago;
- Pending sales (mutually accepted offers) are up about 4.5 percent year-over-year;
- Closed sales rose 3.3 percent from a year ago;
- Prices for sales of single family homes and